CREATE YOUR OWN Custom STANDARD PRE-WIRED Ape Hanger Kit for Sportster
Use the new Handlebar Kit Customizer if you want a different brand or style of handlebars in your kit.
Unless you select a different set of bars, you will receive a PREWIRED package that includes:
- The Handlebars of your choice
- Handlebars prewired for your bike
- Cables sized to correct length to fit your bike
- Your choice of finish Chrome or Black
You will not find a more complete PRE-WIRED ape hanger package on the internet. This kit includes everything you need to put apes on your bike, except for the labor. We use these same parts to put apes on bikes in our shop, so we definitely know what you need to correctly pull it off. This kit will fit any Harley Davidson Sportster model 1990-2013, (except faring models, models with electronic cruise or radio controls and some Sportster models, see note).
Unless you choose a different set of handlebars, you will receive a set of FAT 1 1/4" 16 inch ape hangers with chrome or black handlebar switches already wired internally, and all of the stainless cables in the correct lengths for your specific application. The handle bars reduce in size to 1 inch at the riser clamp and the grip ends to accept stock controls.
- 16 inch show chrome plated handlebars ( 1 1/4 inch diameter, 35" width, 9" pullback, 8" center width, 13" total base width )
- Wiring Harness uses factory wire colors and factory wire pins to do an OEM installation
- Wiring diagram included ( But you probably won't need it )
- Motion Pro or Drag Specialties Stainless Braided cables with protective Armor Coat and chrome plated ends. We do have other cable brands available upon request.
- Dual front disc models will have to add $65 for the extra brake lines needed.
- 2007 and later models have a clutch safety switch that has to be installed on the left side switches when we do the installation. We charge $40 extra to add this.
- These Handlebars are 5 1/8 inch total width at the riser clamp area between the 1 1/4 inch tubing. There are some Sportster models that use a riser/speedo assembly that is 5 1/2 inch wide. These bars will not work unless you modify your risers with a grinder or something similar.
No more hassle trying to round up the right length cables, we already know what you need. We have put a lot of time and research to compile the database needed to get you the correct parts. Just let us know the year and model of your bike and riser height when you make payment, or you can call us with the info at 1-877-775-HILL
We carry a full line of chrome or black powder coat handlebars and black vinyl or stainless braided cables. If you don't see what you need, call or e-mail us and we can put a custom package together for you.
Make your Handlebar Kit a true plug and play install by adding the pins & connectors option.
By selecting this option, we will cut your handlebar harness wires to the length required for your model, crimp on the necessary OEM pins, and install the wires in an OEM connector with the correct pin locations. No hassle trying to cut and solder wires, or blowing fuses because you got the wires backwards. Saves 2-3 hours on your installation time.
NOTICE: Risers CLICK HERE are sold separately; We need to know the size of the risers so we can size the cables appropriately.
NOTICE: Here at HCC, we build each handlebar kit based on your needs and specifications. This process starts once your handlebar kit is ordered and paid. Please allow 7-14 business days for your parts to arrive. PLEASE DO NOT TAKE YOUR BIKE APART UNTIL YOU RECEIVE A SHIPPING NOTIFICATION WITH TRACKING INFORMATION FROM US
|STANDARD KITS |
|COMPLETE ||COMPLETE ||COMPLETE ||COMPLETE ||COMPLETE |
|PRE-WIRED || ||PRE-WIRED || ||PRE-WIRED |
|BASIC KIT ||BASIC KIT ||BASIC KIT ||BASIC KIT ||BASIC KIT |
What is the difference between the Complete, Pre-wired, and Basic Kits?:
The Complete Kit is the total package when it comes to handlebar kits. It is pre-wired with our PLUG AND PLAY™ wiring connections which are cut to the correct length for your bike and will reduce the installation time, turning a 6-9 hour job into 3-5 hours. Also included are new switches and handlebar controls already assembled. Really all you have to do is mount the handlebars and change the cables. Just about anyone can do this in there garage in about 3-5 hours with the help of a couple buddy's and your favorite ice cold beverage.
The Pre-wired Kit is the do-it-yourself package with the handlebars completely wired. You have the option to add the Plug and Play™ connectors (highly recommended) which will save time and make the task much more enjoyable. All you have to do is remove the switches and controls from your old bars and mount them on these bars. Once that is done you are ready to install the handlebars.
The BASIC handlebar kit comes with all the cables and wires cut to the correct length to fit your bike. It DOES NOT come pre-wired, meaning you need to wire the handlebars. And it DOES NOT included handlebar switches and controls. You need to remove the switches and controls from your old handlebars and install them on these new bars. The idea for the BASIC package is to save you money by allowing you to do most of the work yourself.